The small village of Leipoldtville north-east of Elands Bay on the road to Graafwater, was established in 1905 when the Reverend C.J. Leipoldt of Clanwilliam started a congregation of the Dutch Reformed Church to serve the farming community in the area.
Leipoldtville is a small farming community, however that is not a negative. The town has charm and character and mixing with the locals will only create interesting stories.
Today the town is well known for potato production and some of the most challenging 4x4 routes.