Leipoldtville


Sandveld ruins
Sandveld ruins at the edge of town speak to a time when the settlement was a loan-farm granted in 1747 and called Modderfontein.

Leipoldtville garage
Leipoldtville garage is known by bypassers for a tumble of disused and rusting farm equipment in front.

Leipoldtville General Dealer
Built in 1898 and the only shop in town

Dutch Reformed Church
A huge Dutch Reformed church takes up a disproportionate share of the surface area; Louis Leipoldt’s father was the local dominee in 1905, when the hamlet was named after him.